1st Week Reflection

Welcome to UM!

 What can i say about my first week in UM? There is a lot of new experience that I gained actually. The incident that i remember the most was when I was lost during my first class on Resources. I know nothing about this course. Where was the class, who was the lecturer and what will I learn? Luckily, I finally get into the class with full of question mark in my head. At first, I was stunned. The class was not the same like in my previous college. It was a computer lab. I wonder, why there aren't any tables around? "Maybe we will temporarily sit in here" I guessed.  My lecturer for this course named Puan Foziah bt Mahmood. She gave a warm welcome to us and she treat us well. The subject PBEY 3102- Using and Developing Resources for the ESL Classroom, sounds great to me. I thought, the word 'RESOURCES"  indicate that, I will create and use resources that can be apply in the classroom later. I felt happy because, back in the college, I had a lot of experience in making materials for teaching and I think, there's no big problems to apply it here. However, Puan Foziah told us that, we will be using technology in using and developing resources meaning that, it will not be the same with what I'm expected! We were only using one printed material which was there's a book entitled "Preparing and Using Visual Aids for English Language Teaching". It is a good book actually. There's a lot of procedures for T-L activities, how to develop our own materials and many more. I hope, I could use this book for my teaching later. Instead of using that book, we will undergo this subject through integration of technology where we will learn how to familiarized ourselves with selecting, adapting, designing, and evaluating materials for teaching the ESL at the primary schools. It sounds familiar to me but I bet, this subject will be very different from what i had learned before because, we will be using technology and ICT in developing our teaching materials. Puan Foziah had requested us to bring a picture of passport size, 8gb of pendrive, and she asked us to install the Adobe Photoshop CS3 version and create a blog for this subject. Can you imagine how different was this subject compared to my previous experience? I felt very curios to know more about this subject. That is why by blog was given a name 'I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO..". I am eager to explore and master the whatever skills that Puan Foziah will teach me. I hope, I could do my best to improve myself and excel with flying colours!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

MAY ALLAH BLESS U

Listen to Quran